Monday, January 28, 2008

Safety?



Hello All,


I feel pretty priveledged that Spencer invited me to post a little su'n su'n on his blog.


Here's my deal:




My name is Chris Brigman, I am currently a regional team paddler for Dagger Kayaks and the manager of Rock Creek Down Under. I am 33 years old and I grew up in a time and place where drugs were the norm. I spent a great deal of time with folks that used drugs to escape their issues, fit in, and/or just relax. I always found it a lot easier to just sit back, relax and enjoy the world around me the way it was. I can say that I'm no angel and I tried some "safety" in my late teens, but it just didn't do it for me. I haven't really found a positive side to drugs, although I do enjoy a glass of wine or a beer or two from time to time (sometimes a couple more). I do know this, I would never put something like drugs or alcohol before the safety of a friend or fellow boater; on or off the river. This along with the fact that I would like to live a long and healthy life has made the decision for me.


Thanks for listening, and thanks Spencer for starting the movement.


Chris

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker